Saturday, November 12, 2005

More Writing: Chapters 4, 5, 6, and 7

Well, I got a bit more done this week. I've put Chapters 4-7 online. In these Chapters, Jack and Starbuck get hooked up. I even give Mitchell something to do, since he's not done much during the series.

The project is at about 9,500 words, or something less than 1/5 done in one third of the time. I think I've got it all plotted out now. Warning: I'm going to do violence to Greek and Roman mythology, and possibly change the outcome of the Trojan War. Aside from that, everything should be just like real history up until 1995 or so.

Instead of doing the LaTeX to HTML conversion by hand, I'm using a script called ltoh. It's not perfect, by any means, it uses HTML 3.2 instead of XHTML, and it require a stricter latex file than I'm used to, but it works well enough for now. I'll pretty up the HTML output with last, next, up links at a later date.

0 comments: