Saturday, November 12, 2005

More Chapters Up

Chapters 8 and 9, to be precise. I now have something over 12,500 words, or ¼ of the way to the goal. Maybe I can reach it. If I can get over 20,000 words by next weekend I think I've got a pretty good shot.

I've corrected the spelling of Laura Roslin's name, which had somehow acquired a "y" in place of the "i". I'm not sure how that happened.

I'm getting somewhere with this, at least, Starbuck is talking to Daniel, maybe, and Adama's getting ready to visit the system.

If anyone out there is reading this and is a fan of the new Battlestar Galactica, can you answer a question for me? Wasn't there a ring-like structure in the ruins of Kobol? At least when Six was showing Baltar their future baby? It's not essential, but it would help the connections between the shows which I'm trying to build.

You will no doubt note that I haven't been proofreading all that much. There's just not enough time. So if you see anything that's a grave (or minor) insult to the English language, please leave a comment. Think of yourselves as my beta-testers.

And if you like the story so far, leave a comment about that, as well. I need all the encouragement I can get.

If you don't like the story, comment as well. I can take criticism. I'll also take names, but I can take criticism.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember what you're talking about (ring structure), but I don't think it resembled a stargate. I think it was more of a ruin of a Greek-Roman style circular building, with no ceiling (though it may have caved in, I recall it seeming like was designed without a roof.)

You could use something along the lines of a horizontal stargate... ?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that was Zac.