Thursday, November 18, 2004

Something's Happening Here

And what it is ain't exactly clear.

What I am going to try to do is install Fedora Core 3 onto my Linux box, replacing Fedora Core 1. If all works well, you'll see it all in real time. If it doesn't work, then you'll get to see me melt down.

So what we have is

  • Dell Dimension 2350
  • 2.2 GHz Celeron Processor
  • 512MB DDR SDRAM upgraded from 256MB
  • CD-RW drive
  • Intel "Integrated" Graphics and Audio
  • 60GB disk

Not to mention various bits of software that we'll mention as we go along, or when I find that I've forgotten to install them.

So sit back and relax, and enjoy the show. If, for some strange reason, you're not interested in watching dancing red hats, come back in a few days. There's nothing else to see here for now.

I'm planning on collecting these posts and putting them in sequential order (meaning this post first) on a web page. When I get that set up it will appear on the links bar on the right.

And away we go!

0 comments: