Short circuiting the upcoming political frenzy.
- John Kerry, who served in Vietnam, made a ''joke'' in poor taste about education and the military;
- George Bush, who did something during Vietnam, took offense;
- John Kerry is a Democrat;
- John Kerry is not running for office this year;
- He doesn't hold any office, either;
- Nor is he likely to hold office any time in the next decade;
- George Bush is a Republican;
- He's not running for anything, either;
- He is President of the United States;
- Republican candidates all across the country are asking not to be judged by George Bush's record on the war, immigration, Social Security, Medicare, Trade, the economy, and our relationships with other countries; nor by anything he or Donald Rumsfeld says;
Be it resolved that:
every Democratic candidate will be roundly condemned because of one thoughtless remark
Here endeth the Fox News version of the argument
Oops, I've been informed that John Kerry is still a Senator from Massachusetts. My bad. Just goes to show you how inconsequential he is these days.