Monday, May 24, 2010

Ubuntu 10.04: Things I Forgot

Things I forgot when I was listing my useful programs from Ubuntu 10.04:

  • The gimp: Manipulate images just about anyway you want, without paying Photoshop prices. For example, you can make transparent PNG images.
  • xsane: Scan documents (scanner not included).
  • chromium: the unbranded version of Google Chrome. This is my current browser of choice, and I forgot to list it before because it was the very first thing I installed. Note that it's available in the repository. If you want the branded version, you can get a .deb file directly from Google's site.
    For some reason, Ubuntu only distributes the unbranded version of chromium, but it offers, by default, the branded Firefox browser and an unbranded version, which it calls abrowser.

I'm sure there are more to come, I'll either add them here or start another post. Stay tuned.

0 comments: