Monday, October 31, 2005

Creative Juices to be Unleashed

At least, I hope so. In a fit of mindlessness, I've declared to family that I'm going to write a novel. Well, not a big novel, for sure. Fifty thousand words (175 pages), maybe a few more. In a month. It's all part of National Novel Writing Month, aka NaNoWriMo.

I do this to follow in the footsteps of Eldest Child, who last year started on about Nov. 20 and managed to finish by Nov. 30. Of course, most of the writing was done during Thanksgiving break.

However, I plan to start tomorrow, the first official day of the month. A simple calculation says I need to write about 2,000 words per day, given that I'll probably have some off days.

I'll place the chapters in HTML, and maybe PDF format at nanowrimo05 in my Comcast web space. I'll make a post here when each new chapter goes up. I'd really appreciate comments here after each chapter. And yes, "I had to stop reading or tear my eyes out" is an acceptable comment.

What's it about? Beats the heck out of me... No, actually, it's Stargate SG-1/Battlestar Galactica fanfic crossover, at least for now. No, not the original Galactica, the new one. With the humanoid Cylons.

The title's unknown, and although I have the first chapter pretty well planned out, it doesn't have a title, either. Suggestions are welcome, after you've read a bit.

NaNoWriMo doesn't encourage editing during November, so if you point out any mistakes in English, plot, or whatever, please don't expect me to change anything before the end of the month.

If any of you are participating in NaNoWriMo and want a link to your work, drop me a line here. If I get enough links, I'll make up a sidebar on this page.

Wish me (and all NaNoWriMo members) luck.

There. Now I have to do it.

0 comments: