Monday, February 14, 2005

The Movies

Waiting for Overtime to be, well, over. As I said once before, I don't do well watching KU games. Unfortunately, Loud Mouth Dick can still be heard across the house.

Anyway, I see that I've listed a bunch of movies in my Blogger Profile. Let's review why they made the list. Note that they aren't in order of preference:

  • Casablanca -- best movie ever. Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy twits Nazis, boy gets girl, boy shoots Nazi, gives up girl for the greater good.
  • The Maltese Falcon -- best detective story every written. Or maybe I just like Bogart.
  • Star Wars -- best SF/Fantasy movies. The only ones I'll watch over, 30 years later.
  • Star Trek II-IV -- these best captured the spirit of the series, and formed a coherent story arc.
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark -- just a fun story.
  • Lord of the Rings -- very good adaptation of the novels.
  • Hoosiers -- I went to grad school in Indiana. I played basketball for a small high school, not in Indiana.
  • Breaking Away -- in 6 years at IU, this was the only Little 500 I every saw.
  • It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World -- the funniest cast of actors ever assembled.
  • Cat Ballou -- OK, it's a parody, but it's still the best Western ever.

0 comments: