Friday, June 01, 2007

Things I Don't Know About SATA

Sometimes, I astound myself with my technological dweebishness. I mean, here I am, knowing more about computers than 95% of the people on the planet, and I still get confused about things.

I think I know what happened to me yesterday. The “bug” probably doesn't affect every user of Ubuntu, only those who added extra disks and labeled them as /dev/sdb in /etc/fstab.

It might even be a feature, not a bug.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to track it down now. When I do, I'll write it up for posterity. I just wanted to post add a post here so that those who actually have a clue won't think I've completely lost my geek status.

That's not particularly arrogant. I also know more physics than 99.9% of the people on the planet. That would be arrogant, but I've got all sorts of pieces of paper to prove it.

0 comments: